Advertisement

Five More Commodore 64 Games That Are Way Better Than Their PC Counterparts.

Five More Commodore 64 Games That Are Way Better Than Their PC Counterparts. Another Five Commodore 64 Games that are Way Better Than their PC Counterpart. Be aware I love ALL old computers I am not hating on DOS. Until VGA and Soundblasters C64 paved the way.

I decided to do another video about when the Commodore 64 was superior in many ways to the PC when comes to games. All the DOS games are played with their best setting.

I am completely aware of the hardware limitations of the PC at the time and that is just the point I am making. The C64 paved the way for PC gaming.


Spy vs Spy. I remember playing this with a friend on the C64, two players at the same time, what a treat. I don't know how easy it is to connect two joysticks to a DOS machine but I've never heard of it, sometimes one is tricky. I realise that the DOS version was Arctic Antics, did they even make a PC version of the first one?

Commando. When playing the DOS version I would always find myself stuck on a tree or bunker, so frustrating.The enemies don't have collision detection so they would bunch up and their movement was often nonsensical.The C64 is much more exciting to play especially with that awesome, engaging soundtrack and much larger play area.

Burger Time. I know I made a mistake with the DOS title. I had so much more fun playing the C64 version of this.The DOS vesion looked messy with no collision detection of the bizaar looking enemies, they would bunch up a be an unrecognisable flashing blob. What are those enemies anyway? Stripey epileptic pacmen stopping me from making my "burgers". At least on the C64 I knew the what the anthropomorphic pickles and eggs were.

Zaxxon for DOS did not detect my joystick and you couldn't re-define the keys so I was stuck using the num-pad for movement, X,Y & Z, which sucked. Using the joystick on the C64 was much more intuitive and fun.

Dig Dug. The C64 version has a little larger play area which is nice for strategy. The DOS version, even with its limitations, could have certainly been made to look better, it is ugly. I love how the DOS version asks you for what keys you want to use. Rarely seen.

Commodore 64,DOS,games,compare,spy vs spy,dig dug,zaxxon,commando,burger time,c64,graphics,sound,game play,

Post a Comment

0 Comments