“All That I Could Say..” Written, performed & produced by Benjamin John.
From the album ‘Fall From Grace’ (2020)
—————————-
There's a voice in my soul.
If you love her let her know.
Oh, but happily ever after is a fucking joke.
There's a lump in my throat
as I stood outside your door.
But the moment that you opened it
I knew what I stood for.
You let me in, you didn’t have to.
But you did it all the same.
And the moment I had dreamt about
a thousand times, it finally came.
At first we laughed, we always do.
The way I only laugh with you.
Putting off what was inevitable
for one more moment.
All that I could say tonight
should've already been said.
I watched your smile, god that smile.
Fading slowly from your face.
As you realized what I was here to say.
There's no way to describe
just what happens to your mind
when you finally tell her that you love her
and it only makes her cry.
All that I could say tonight
should've already been said.
I had a fair & honest chance.
God giveth with both hands.
But the biggest mistake I’ve made yet & forever
was turning my back on what we had.
I swallow all the words I never said.
And I choke on my regret.
There's voice in my soul.
If you love her let her go.
Oh but how could there be ‘happily ever after’
after her?
All that I could say tonight
should have already been said.
All that I could say, tonight
..
—————————-
Regret is the worst of the words.
Time spent can never be reearned.
I've leant too many people too much of who I am.
Instead of giving everything to you.
I love you, always.
(c)2020
Benjamin John McGrath

0 Comments